Wednesday, March 28, 2007

At Last Sun was out on Shady Sunday

25th March 2007: Sunday was supposed to be a complete fun day for me. At last after a week, I was able to see the sun shining outside. So a perfect start to the day except for the fact i woke up a little late at around 10. As usual got ready and had my lunch before i left for the sight seeing. The first destination was again London Eye since all the major places worth seeing are located near that only. I was due avail the free cruise of my ticket and that's why i hurried to get it. My ticket was supposed to be valid till 3:39. I landed in the boat for the Thames Cruise which is a circular cruise from Westminster Bridge to Tower Bridge. There was a live commentary about all the surrounding places that came on the way thought it wasn't the longest of all the cruises. It took us through 7-6 bridges including the famous London Bridge and the Tower Bridge. Tower bridge seems to be more attractive than London Bridge. London Bridge is a simple bridge while tower bridge is well decorated one. Anyways it took me around 45 minutes to complete the cruise before i was back to the river embankment. Next, I caught a bus that of Original Tours (whose ticket i bought on Saturday) and went to Tower Bridge. I got few photographs clicked on the bridge and also helped myself with some peanuts on the way. Next, I went to London Dungeon. What's that now? London Dungeon is set i dark vaults below some railway arches. The macabre exhibition uses special effects to simulate the horrors of grisly murder, execution, medieval torture and disease throughout the British history. The displays include the Great Fire of London, the Jack Ripper Experience and Traitor, Boat-ride to Hell. I thoroughly enjoyed it though it was terrifying to be honest. It was all dark and more ghostly in looks. I got a photograph clicked there as well.

No comments: